- For Professionals
- PHIUS+ Standard
- Case Studies
- Design Guide
- Does Passive Building Cost More to Build ?
- Can Passive Building Scale to Multifamily?
- Are Passive Buildings Resilient?
- Do Passive Buildings Cause Mold?
- What Are the Risks of Passive Building?
- How Long Is The PHIUS+ Certification Process?
- How Much Do Passive House Certifications Differ?
- What About Passive Building HVAC Systems?
PHIUS+ OFFERS UNPARALLELED QUALITY ASSURANCE
You don't have to take our word for it; quality is verified every step of the way
The PHIUS+ Project Certification program is the only passive building certification that integrates a third party quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) requirement. QA/QC is critical to achieving the PHIUS+ standard because airtightness and superinsulation require particular attention to detail through design and construction. Quality assurance happens on paper; quality control is executed in the field during construction.
- Verify that plans and energy models at the design stage comply with the PHIUS+ standard.
- Perform on-site testing and inspection throughout construction to verify that the project is built as designed.
PHIUS provides two training programs for QA/QC professionals who want to participate in PHIUS+ Certification. Please refer to the information below for more detailed information:
This program focuses on single-family residential projects. The two-day training course, geared toward experienced RESNET and BPI professionals, provides a foundation in passive building principles as well as a guide to on-site quality assurance for the PHIUS+ program.
This program qualifies professionals to execute PHIUS+ QA/QC on large-scale multifamily and commercial buildings. Verifiers learn protocols specific to low- and mid-rise projects.
PHIUS has released the following QA/QC protocols to support the increasing number of multifamily projects pursuing PHIUS+ certification. Download the documents below for more information.