- For Professionals
- PHIUS+ Standard
- Case Studies
- Design Guide
- Does Passive Building Cost More to Build ?
- Can Passive Building Scale to Multifamily?
- Are Passive Buildings Resilient?
- Do Passive Buildings Cause Mold?
- What Are the Risks of Passive Building?
- How Long Is The PHIUS+ Certification Process?
- How Much Do Passive House Certifications Differ?
- What About Passive Building HVAC Systems?
PHIUS+ Certification Process Checklist
Significant Milestones along the way to PHIUS+
This checklist is a handy step-by-step guide to getting your project certified. The ball starts in your court, bounces to us, back to you, and then we award your project PHIUS+.
And then you do your happy dance.
1. PHIUS+ Certification Contract
- Request PHIUS+ Certification Contract from firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign contract and email or mail to PHIUS
- Register online and pay via PayPal or check
3. Create Project
- Log on to the PHIUS+ Project Database and create a project
- PHIUS will create a Dropbox folder for the project
4. Upload Documentation
- Upload project documentation to Dropbox folder
- Email PHIUS when documents are ready for review
5. PHIUS+ Pre-Certification Review Process
- Pre-Certification review process begins once all steps listed above are complete
- Ongoing feedback shared between PHIUS and the project team
6. PHIUS+ Pre-Certification
- Pre-Certification status awarded to project once energy model meets target criteria, design requirements are met, and PHIUS certification team reviews and approves design
7. Construction Phase
- PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier performs on-site visits during construction
8. QA/QC Process
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control performed by PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier
- PHIUS reviews QA/QC workbook and verifies built project matches pre-certified energy model
9. PHIUS+ Certification
- PHIUS adjusts the project’s final energy model to match the results verified by the PHIUS+ Rater/Verifier
- PHIUS reviews final documentation and issues PHIUS+ Certified Passive House Certificate
- PHIUS+ Certified project plaque is available for purchase!