- For Professionals
- PHIUS+ Standard
- Case Studies
- Design Guide
- Does Passive Building Cost More to Build ?
- Can Passive Building Scale to Multifamily?
- Are Passive Buildings Resilient?
- Do Passive Buildings Cause Mold?
- What Are the Risks of Passive Building?
- How Long Is The PHIUS+ Certification Process?
- How Much Do Passive House Certifications Differ?
- What About Passive Building HVAC Systems?
Kiln Apartments, OR
Kiln Apartments is one of the nation’s first mixed-used apartment buildings targeted to achieve PHIUS+ certification. Kiln was a research and design effort to develop the most energy efficient market-rate apartment building possible.
The 16,000 square foot project is located in a pedestrian- and bicycle-friendly area of the North Williams neighborhood of Portland, Oregon. The property features 19 market rate for-lease apartments and ground floor retail, and recently sold to an investor at a premium above comparable sales prices for the area.